ILACADA Mailing AddressPO Box 2091 Joliet, IL 60435
“Setting the Pace for the First-Year Race”
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
WAUBONSEE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
SUGAR GROVE, IL
Educators committed to student success are continuously looking for ways to improve the college experience. What can we do to better engage students’ curiosity and interest in learning? How can we make choices for academic programs and student services that increase students’ chances for success? What factors matter most in planning for the success of new students?
This regional one-day drive-in conference provides a forum for academic and student affair professionals to share ideas, resources, and engaging pedagogy to enhance their instruction of first-year students.
More information: http://mfyc.org
Jeannie Killian, SIU – First-Year Advisement, University College, Best of Concurrent
Anne Eastlick, SIU – College of Engineering, Best of Poster Session.
Thank you to everyone who attended the ILACADA 2104 conference! It was a tremendous success!
Be on the lookout in your inbox for the conference survey next week!
Kimberly Golk and Lissette Alvarado from Moraine Valley Community College presenting at the NACADA Region 5 conference last week in Madison, WI. Their presentation “The Academic Advising Syllabus: Moving Students from Admission to Completion” won the “Best of Illinois” presentation last year at the ILACADA conference.
Please join us in congratulating the following people who have been elected to the ILACADA Leadership Team as a result of this spring’s election.
Executive Board positions serving two year terms to begin on August 1st, 2013:
- President – Shawn Schultz, Eastern Illinois University (two years as president followed by one year as past president)
- Secretary – Eliza Callahan, University of Illinois-Chicago
- Treasurer – Jeff Chiapello, University of St. Francis
- At-Large Member representative – Megan Gerken, Northern Illinois University
- Standing Committee Chair positions serving one year terms to being on August 1st, 2013:
- Programming Committee – Teri Farr, Eastern Illinois University
- Communications Committee – Kim Little, Southern Illinois University
- Constitution Committee – Brad Elwood, Daley College
- Membership Committee – Anjie Almeda, Illinois State University
- Elections Committee – Anjie Almeda, Illinois State University
Next year, the ILACADA membership will select a Vice President/President-Elect, and a second At-Large representative.
Thank you to everyone who voted in this year’s election. We had a pretty good voter turnout for our first ever election!
Happy July Fourth!