In 2011 the Illinois State Representative of Region V, under the direction of the NACADA Executive Board, was charged with the formation of a NACADA affiliated Illinois organization. The same year the Illinois Academic Advising Association (ILACADA), an allied member of NACADA, was created.
ILACADA took over the charge of representing academic advisors and stakeholders throughout Illinois following the dissolution of the Illinois Academic Advisors’ Association (ILAAA) in 2009.
The purpose of ILACADA is to raise awareness and advocate for the academic advising profession among various represented stakeholders. ILACADA will be the recognized organization in Illinois to provide and support all professional development activities among academic advisors. In addition, we will promote and uphold the advising standards set forth and developed by NACADA. ILACADA intends to provide a mechanism of support and information for academic advisors and a forum for discussion and continued professional development. We will actively seek to partner with like- minded organizations to provide a wide variety of professional development opportunities for our membership.
ILACADA fosters and inspires quality leadership through academic advising for the educational development of students and the professional development of advisors. As an allied member of NACADA, ILACADA promotes the overall awareness of academic advising as a profession.
- President: Holly Herrera, Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Vice President/President Elect: Melissa Franzen, Lincoln Land Community College
- Secretary: Myriah Benner-Coogan Parkland College
- Past President: Anjie Almeda, Illinois State University
- Membership and Elections Committee: Valerie Brooks-Wallin, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Treasurer: Stuart Robinson, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Communications Chair: vacant
- Professional Development Committee: vacant
- Awards, Scholarships, and Grants Committee: Shelley Price-Williams, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Members at large:
- CJ Holterman, Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Anne Armbruster, Lincoln Land Community College
- Ryan Echevarria, College of Lake County
- Elaine Atwood, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- NACADA Region 5 Liaison: Dawn Huckelberry, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (This position is on the NACADA voting timeline – elected every other October)
Webmaster: Dawn Huckelberry, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville