ILACADA Leadership Nominations
Your opportunity to join the ILACADA leadership team is finally here! Participation on the ILACADA Executive Board is a chance to grow professionally and personally by making lasting connections with other advising professionals in Illinois. Participation also provides these unique opportunities:
- Develop valuable skills in program planning and strategic planning
- Expand your network of professional contacts
- Gain recognition from your colleagues, employer, and community
We will have numerous positions open for election for the 2017-2018 year and you can nominate yourself or someone else for a position: http://ilacada.org/ilacada-executive-board-nomination/ilacada-leadership-elections. The terms of office will run until from August 1, 2017 to July 30, 2018, and new officers must be able to attend the September 21st Executive Board meeting in DeKalb, IL.
Timeline for nominations:
- Nominations are due July 31, 2017
- Candidate statements are due August 11, 2017
- Voting will open August 14th through August 25th
- Election results will be posted on September 1st
- New officers will be introduced at the ILACADA Annual Conference on September 22nd
To be included on the ballot, candidates must:
- Secure a nomination – either by someone else, or by self-nomination
- Be a member of ILACADA for the 2017-2018 year – see http://ilacada.org/ for membership information
- Submit a statement of 250 words or fewer detailing how they envision themselves fulfilling the position for which they are running. Voters want to know a little about the candidates’ backgrounds, experience and goals as well as why they are the best person for the position.
- Be Committed – be able to commit to attendance at meetings and conferences required by the position they’re seeking. The Executive Board meets, in person, a minimum of 3 times yearly. Participation in ILACADA initiatives is an expectation of office.
The following positions are up for election this year:
- Vice President/President-Elect – three year term: one year as Vice President, one year as President, and one year as Past President. The Vice President works with the president and acts as president in the absence of the president. Must have served a minimum of one year in an ILACADA leadership role prior to serving as vice president.
- Secretary – two year term. The secretary keeps records of the meetings of the Executive Board.
- Treasurer– two year term. The treasurer keeps all ILACADA funds, maintains the budget for all ILACADA activities, and provides budget reports at Executive Board meetings.
- At-large member – two year term. The At-large member is a representative from the membership who has not previously held leadership positions within ILACADA. They represent membership on the board rather than filling a specific duty, such as secretary or treasurer.
- Committee Chairs – one year term
- Awards, Scholarships, Grants Committee is responsible for developing selection criteria and distribution of any awards, scholarships, and grants established by ILACADA.
- Communications Committee is responsible for communication and promotion of the organization, including website, newsletters, social networking, news and press releases.
- Constitution Committee is required to draft, maintain, and interpret the constitution and bylaws of ILACADA.
- Membership and Elections Committee is responsible for maintaining a database of ILACADA members, notifying members when applications are up for renewal and seeking/recruiting new members as well as announcing and conducting elections. This includes notifying members of election status, eligibility and results.
- Professional Development Committee is responsible for developing and organizing conferences, workshops, and educational events on behalf of the membership.
Contact Holly Herrera with questions at (217) 244-1689 or email@example.com