Assistant Director, Scholar Support Programs
Campus Center for Advising and Academic Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are being sought for the position of Assistant Director, Scholar Support Programs, in the Campus Center for Advising and Academic Services at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The Scholar Support Programs team provides support and resources to undergraduate students in three unique scholarship programs: Illinois Promise, Stamps Scholars, and University Scholars. The Assistant Director works closely with the Director to ensure all programmatic goals are met and is a key contributor in providing support to Illinois Promise scholarship recipients with a primary emphasis on developing and implementing programs and initiatives that promote I-Promise student success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with key campus and community partners to advocate for the I-Promise student population and collaboratively develop and deliver programs and events
• Establish objectives and measurable outcomes, participate in content development for programs and activities, track and evaluate results, and use assessment findings to drive decision making
• Recruit, select, train, and advise the I-Promise student leadership group; coordinate and provide oversight of all programs and activities
• Provide monitoring, outreach and individual advising to I-Promise Scholarship recipients
• Organize and/or support other crucial I-Promise initiatives such as recognition events, orientation events, advancement/donor relations activities, and mentoring programs.
• Contribute to web and print communications and annual reporting.
• Participate in relevant campus committees and professional development experiences.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
• Master’s degree preferably in social work, counseling, college student personnel, higher education administration, or related field.
• At least 2 years of professional experience in student-centered positions in higher education.
• Demonstrated ability and commitment to working with culturally diverse groups.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders (i.e. campus partners, donors, faculty, businesses, mentors, etc.)
• Exceptional organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated skills in program development, implementation, and management.
• Demonstrated skills in program assessment including data collection, analysis and report-writing.
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
• Highly proficient with commonly employed software, databases, and web applications.
Preferred Experience Qualifications:
• Experience supporting undergraduate students from underrepresented populations including students from low income backgrounds and first generation college students.
• Experience working with college students both individually and in groups, including supervising and/or leading student groups and/or student organizations.
• Demonstrated success in event planning, public speaking, and budgeting.
• Experience in marketing and communications (i.e. websites, social media, infographics, program branding, newsletters, etc.).
• Experience working with undergraduates at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or other large public universities.
This position is a 100% full time, twelve month, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Starting date is as soon as possible. To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, and a list of three professional references, including contact information by June 26, 2018. Interviews may begin prior to close of the search, but a hiring decision will not be made until the search closes. For further information about this position, please contact Jennifer Steiling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
University of Illinois-Urbana/Champaign is hiring for an Academic Advisor in the Gies College of Business Office of Undergraduate Affairs. Please consider applying online or sharing the job description with colleagues (close date is June 27):
Lincoln Land Community College has an advisor position open. Information about the position can be found at https://llcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2423