Academic Advisor (A1800549)
School of Art + Design
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The School of Art + Design seeks an Academic Advisor to independently advise undergraduate students from degree-granting programs in the areas of Art History, Art Education, Design, and Studio at the School of Art + Design. The Academic Advisor will report to the Director of the School and work with a team of colleagues in Art + Design academic affairs.
Bachelor’s degree in the arts or a related field. Must have at least two years of experience in academic advising, student services, or related experience in higher education. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written communication skills; a demonstrated ability and commitment to working with diverse groups; and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
To read the full job posting and to create your candidate profile, visit https://tinyurl.com/UIUC-98361. For full consideration, submit your completed application by September 7, 2018. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The U of I is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled – www.inclusiveillinois.illnois.edu
Director of LAS Honors, LAS Student Academic Affairs Office
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Under the general leadership of the Associate Dean, the Director of LAS Honors develops and administers the college’s honors experiences and related enrichment and recognition programs, including the James Scholars Program and merit-based scholarships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and support college-based initiatives to recognize high academic achievement, including: the LAS James Scholars program, Dean’s List, Bronze Tablet Scholar selection, college Latin Honors;
- Develop and teach first year experiences for LAS James Scholars
- Collaborate in development and teaching of leadership and professional development course for undergraduate interns who support first year students;
- Serve as advisor/mentor/coach to LAS James Scholar students, including monitoring their progress on program requirements, supporting their goals for academic enrichment, and providing feedback on honors-based learning experiences;
- Create and implement events to recognize LAS James Scholars and other honor students in college, including welcome events and a spring honors recognition ceremony
- Lead recruitment of potential LAS James Scholars within LAS recruitment plans, including collaborating in materials development and event planning/offering;
- Develop and implement plans to assess LAS-based honors programming impact and collaborate on general college-based strategic planning for the undergraduate experience;
- Supervise assistant and/or associate directors and other staff dedicated to LAS Honors, including their training and performance review;
- Prepare and manage budget for honors events
- Coordinate and provide administration of college-based merit scholarships;
- Serve as Secretary and convener for the LAS Honors Council
- Serve as college representative to campus-wide committees related to honors students and to LAS academic units on honors programs, theses, awards and other honors activity.
- Serve on LAS Life + Career Design initiative, providing support and expertise for service learning experiences;
- Serve on SAAO Leadership Team
- Participate in shared college academic affairs duties, including committees/service, walk-in advising rotation, and academic progress reviews
- Master’s degree, preferably in liberal arts and sciences field or graduate work in field of service learning;
- 3 years experience advising and/or teaching undergraduates in a university setting;
- Demonstrated competency in program development, assessment and/or administrative oversight;
- Experience working with diverse groups and developed intercultural skills;
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Doctoral-level graduate work or degree;
- 5 or more years of experience in undergraduate education or academic affairs;
- Experience working with high-achieving students;
- Course development and teaching experience;
- Experience offering service learning opportunities for academic enrichment;
- Experience in program assessment, admissions, recruitment, retention in higher education;
- Record of participation in relevant professional organizations, including presentations and/or publication
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time, academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter and resume by September 14, 2018. Online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Allison Perry email@example.com .
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
The Department of Political Science at University of Illinois is searching for two academic advisors. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. A link to the full job description appears here: https://jobs.illinois.edu/education-and-student-services-positions/job-details?jobID=99701&job=academic-advisor-department-of-political-science-a1800471
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, a statement reflecting your advising philosophy, and resume by August 10, 2018.
Lincoln Land Community College has an advisor position open. Information about the position can be found at https://llcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2423