ILACADA Leadership Nominations
Your opportunity to join the ILACADA leadership team is finally here! Participation on the ILACADA Executive Board is a chance to grow professionally and personally by making lasting connections with other advising professionals in Illinois. Participation also provides these unique opportunities:
- Develop valuable skills in program planning and strategic planning
- Expand your network of professional contacts
- Gain recognition from your colleagues, employer, and community
We have positions open for election for 2020-2021, and you can nominate yourself or someone else for a position: http://ilacada.org/ilacada-executive-board-nominations . The terms of office will run from October 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021, and new officers must be able to participate in the September 10th Executive Board Meeting (virtually).
Timeline for nominations:
- Nominations and candidate statements are due September 12, 2020
- Voting will open September 14th through 25th
- Election results will be posted on October 1st
To be included on the ballot, candidates must:
Secure a nomination – either by someone else, or by self-nomination
Be a member of ILACADA for the 2019-2020 year – see http://ilacada.org/ for membership information
Submit a statement of 250 words or fewer detailing how they envision themselves fulfilling the position for which they are nominated. Voters want to know a little about the candidates’ backgrounds, experience and goals as well as why they are the best person for the position.
Be Committed – be able to commit to attendance at meetings and conferences required by the position they’re seeking. The Executive Board meets a minimum of 3 times during the year. Participation in ILACADA initiatives is an expectation of office.
The following positions are up for election this year:
Vice President/President-Elect – three year term: one year as Vice President, one year as President, and one year as Past President. The Vice President works with the president and acts as president in the absence of the president. Must have served a minimum of one year in an ILACADA leadership role prior to serving as vice president.
At-large member – two year term. The At-large member is a representative from the membership who has not previously held leadership positions within ILACADA. They represent membership on the board rather than filling a specific duty, such as secretary or treasurer.
Committee Chairs – one year term
- Awards, Scholarships, Grants Committee is responsible for developing selection criteria and distribution of any awards, scholarships, and grants established by ILACADA.
- Communications Committee is responsible for communication and promotion of the organization, including website, newsletters, social networking, news and press releases.
- Professional Development Committee is responsible for developing and organizing conferences, workshops, and educational events on behalf of the membership.
Contact CJ Holterman with questions at email@example.comThank you for your interest in the ILACADA Executive Board. Nominations were due on 9/12/2022.